Wednesday 23 April 2014

Mary Magdalene reflects

Happy Easter everyone!!

There have been some really moving services in my church this Holy Week and Easter Day. I have been truly humbled by God's presence there, and in the people present (who, after all, are the real church, not the building!). 

On the evening of Easter day, our curate, Zoe, read some pieces from "Reflective Services for Lent, Holy Week and Easter" by Nick Fawcett, and I was blown away! 

Anyone who knows me knows how much I enjoy reading stories aloud - a legacy of over 25 years of teaching in Primary schools - and so I have tried to record one of the reflections for you. In this piece, Nick puts himself in the place of Mary Magdalene, about to tell the disciples the good news that Jesus is alive - if they'll believe her! (N.B. I had to turn the sound up fairly loud when I replayed it. I'll have to get advice from my technical brother on how to improve the sound quality!)



Image found by Google images search from https://www.lds.org/liahona/2003/06/jesus-is-risen?lang=eng

2 comments:

  1. This was absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much much for the excellent way you read this with so much meaning.
    Blessings Gail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Gail. Sorry it has taken a while to post - the notification went to my old email address! Blessings to you x x

      Delete